Thursday, August 16, 2012

Moments...

Moments like these, when she sleeps so close to me in her little sidecar crib attached to the bed, and she just doesn't feel quite close enough and I put my finger in the palm of her hand and feel her grasp it tightly and hold onto it, breathe a deep relaxed breath, and tears spill from my eyes and I think to myself just how much I love her more than anything...

A couple of years ago, when I was married for one year, with my husband for six years already, my ovaries all of a sudden kicked into high gear. They kicked me daily. The biological clock ticked through their kicking and it was so hard to wait to obey its calling, and I knew that I was ready to love my child more than anything else in this world, more than my partner, or at least in a much deeper, different way.

This is what I was waiting for. Moments like these. It is so, so, so worth the wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment